Corning® hot plates/stirrers have a durable glass-ceramic Pyroceram® top and offer superior performance and reliability in a low profile, space-saving design. New digital display hot plates/stirrers are available in 5 x 7" and 10 x 10" top sizes, and a standard model is available in a 4 x 5" size.
New Digital Stirring Hot Plates offer:
- Digital LED temperature display is adjustable in 5°C increments that blinks until set temperature is reached.
- Digital LED speed display gives you better control of your stirring process.
- Microprocessor maintains consistent and repeatable temperature settings from 5°C (if ambient temperature is 0°C or lower) up to 550°C.
- Exclusive closed-loop stirring control monitors and regulates the stirring speed for aqueous, viscous, or semi-solid solutions.
- Automatic ramp up speed adjustment minimizes decoupling.
- Optional external temperature controller truly controls temperature inside the vessel and eliminates need to closely monitor liquid temperature.
New Digital Stirring Hot Plate Safety Features:
- Bright LED HOT TOP icon lights up when top plate is over 60°C, even when heat control is turned off.
- Optional temperature controller will shut off unit when controller is not in liquid.
All Corning® Stirring Hot Plates have:
- Low-profile design that uses less space on bench tops and under hoods.
- Two piece casting design deflects spills away from electronics and includes a built in support rod mount.
- Hot top indicator light blinks a warning if the top is too hot to touch (>60°C; 140°F) - even when the unit is turned off.
- 2 year warranty
- Extra-large knobs with easy-to-read numbers provide better control, even while wearing bulky safety gloves.
- Choice of three voltages to meet power requirements globally (see Ordering Information below).