Isolation of genomic DNA from plants, animals, bacteria, yeast, algae, and fungi using a silica spin filter method
- Rapid and reproducible sample lysis with the FastPrep® Instrument
- Lyses and isolates DNA in less than 30 minutes from a variety of sample types
- Flexible format eliminates need for separate DNA isolation kits
- No hazardous organic reagents required
- SPIN Filters are included to streamline the silica handling process
The FastDNA® SPIN Kit, an updated version of the wellknown FastDNA® Kit, is used with the FastPrep® Instrument to lyse and subsequently isolate DNA from up to 200 mg of almost any sample in less than 30 minutes. Lysing Matrix A and three different chaotropic buffers are provided for the optimal homogenization of a wide variety of sample types. The released DNA is purified by a silica based GENECLEAN® SPIN procedure and is suitable for PCR analysis and other downstream applications.
Kit Components: Lysing Matrix A, Binding Matrix, SEWS-M Solution, DES Solution, CLS-VF Solution, PPS Solution, CLS-TC Solution, CLS-Y Solution, SPIN Filters, Catch Tubes