ZORBAX StableBond columns (80Å) feature
- Longest column lifetime and best reproducibility for low pH separations down to pH 1.
- Patented stable column chemistry allows use at high temperature and low pH without degradation.
- Six different bonded phases provide broad selectivity -- SB-C18, SB-C8, SB-CN, SB-Phenyl, SB-C3, SB-Aq.
- High-purity (Type B) silica for good peak shape.
ZORBAX StableBond columns (80Å) use patented, monofunctional silanes with bulky diisobutyl (SB-C18) or diisopropyl (SB-C8, SB-C3, SB-Phenyl, SB-CN and SB-Aq) side chain groups that sterically protect the key siloxane bond from hydrolytic attack at low pH. The columns are compatible with all common mobile phases, including very high aqueous mobile phases.
ZORBAX Rapid Resolution columns with a 3.5 µm particle size feature
- Reduced analysis time and solvent usage and increase sample throughput.
- High efficiency in short and ultrashort column lengths.
- Analytical (4.6 mm) and narrow-bore (2.1 mm) IDs.
- Comparable lifetime to 5 µm columns.
Rapid Resolution columns are available from 15-150 mm, in 1-4.6 mm IDs, so the best configurations are available for high-throughput, LC/MS, combinatorial chemistry, and rapid analytical applications. Rapid Resolution 3.5 µm particles have superior mechanical strength, so every column has an extremely stable packed bed and provides a comparable lifetime to 5 µm columns. These are available in most ZORBAX bonded phases.
ZORBAX Rapid Resolution High Throughput 1.8µm columns and cartridges feature
- Ultra high speed, high resolution analyses with short Rapid Resolution HT columns and cartridges packed with totally porous, 1.8 µm packings.
- High Throughput capability--double laboratory productivity with columns of half the length but with no loss in resolution.
- Improved spectral clarity for LC/MS labs by increasing sample resolution (vs. a 3.5 µm or 5 µm packing) without increasing column length or analysis time.
- Packed with Eclipse XDBC18 and StableBond-C18 phases.
- Long column lifetimes--thousands of injections possible.
These columns and cartridges use a totally porous, 1.8 µm particle as the packing material for 15-50 mm columns and cartridges.
ZORBAX Solvent Saver Columns
- Provide 60% reduction in mobile phase usage and waste generation compared to a 4.6 mm ID column.
- Provide 2- to 3-fold signal-to-noise (S/N ratio) improvement.
- Deliver optimal LC/MS performance at intermediate flow rates.
- Can be used with most conventional LC instrument configurations without modification.
Solvent Saver columns have a 3.0 mm internal diameter, ideal for reducing solvent usage by 50% over 4.6 mm ID columns. Solvent Saver columns are also ideal for LC/MS. With a typical flow rate of 0.5 mL/min, these columns are compatible with electrospray, atmospheric pressure chemical ionization (APCI), and atmospheric pressure photoionization (APPI) MS interfaces. These columns also improve sensitivity 2 to 3 times over 4.6 mm ID. The columns can be used with conventional HPLC instruments.