The Protector® XStream™ Laboratory Hood takes containment, safety, and energy savings to the extreme. This general chemical, high performance fume hood was independently tested and challenged well beyond the SEFA-1 standards. With a face velocity of 40 fpm and sash fully open, the Protector XStream was subjected to 50 fpm cross drafts, NIH protocol, and tracer gas measurements in the chest of the mannequin. In all scenarios, the Protector XStream allowed 0.00 ppm average level of tracer gas outside the fume hood. Although your safety officer will determine the actual face velocity setting for your laboratory, the ability of this hood to contain under these adverse conditions sets a new standard of safety.
Safety is foremost, but energy savings is equally impressive. Although face velocity is a factor, it’s the volumetric rate (CFM) that determines the energy consumption. Operating a 6' Protector XStream at 60 fpm face velocity, with the sash in its fully open position, requires only 690 CFM. Regardless of your desired operating face velocity, the Protector XStream yields the lowest required CFM of any hood.
All models feature:
- By-pass airflow design with variable air volume compatibility
- Eco-Foil Air Foil with aerodynamic Clean-Sweep airflow openings
- Cord-Keeper Slots on left and right side of air foil
- Upper Dilution Air Supply
- Glacier white powder-coated steel exterior
- Rear Downflow Dual Baffle System
- Chemical resistant, fiberglass-reinforced, composite panel liner and baffles with flame spread index less than 25 per ASTM E84
- Opti-Zone Baffle with tapered slots
- Tempered safety glass vertical-rising sash with cable pulley
- Powder-coated sash handle with aerodynamic Clean-Sweep openings
- 37.5" high sightline from the work surface to the header panel
- Removable front and side panels, and front and interior service access panels for access to plumbing and electrical wiring
- Pre-wired LED lighting (rated for 50,000 hours) with vapor-proof design and ADA-compliant light and blower switches
- Sash stop located at 18" sash opening position
- Powder-coated stainless steel, 12.81" ID exhaust connection(s)
Fixtured models feature:
- Two pre-plumbed service fixtures with forged brass valves, lower right side with brass tubing for gas and lower left side with copper tubing for cold water. Components for converting either or both fixtures to air and vacuum are provided. Inlet tubing not provided.
- One pre-wired GFCI electrical duplex receptacle on lower right side and, on 8' models only, one additional pre-wired GFCI electrical duplex receptacle on the lower left side.