Efficiently prepare agar media slants with this test tube slant rack. Choose from 13-16mm or 16-20mm tube openings in 40 numbered and lettered places. Not stackable.
- Turning the rack to one side will slant tubes 5°; produces a large surface area useful for aerobic cultures
- Turning to the other side will slant tubes 20°; produces a smaller surface area ideal for anaerobic cultures; reduces drying out of media during storage
- Media-filled tubes are autoclaved with the rack in an upright position
- While media is still hot, tilt the rack to the desired angle and allow media to harden
- Rack can be used for incubating tissue cultures or submersion in a water bath