- General-purpose polar phase, ideal for FAMEs, solvents, BTEX, flavor compounds.
- Resistant to oxidative damage.
- MXT®-WAX columns are unbreakable Silcosteel®-treated stainless steel tubing.
- Thermally stable to 250°C.
- Selectivity similar to DB-WAXetr, HP-Innowax, Supelcowax 10 phases.
- Equivalent to USP G14, G15, G16, G20, G39 phases.
The polar-deactivated surface tightly binds the Carbowax® polymer and increases thermal stability, relative to competitive columns. The bonding mechanisms produce a column that can be rejuvenated by solvent washing.
Unlike silicone stationary phases, PEG phases resist damage from strongly acidic or basic volatile compounds, including inorganic acids and volatile inorganic bases.
Application Areas: FAMEs, flavors, acids, essential oils, amines, solvents, xylene isomers, BTEX, EPA Method 603.
(Crossbond® Carbowax® polyethylene glycol--provides oxidation resistance)