The Whatman™ Mini-UniPrep™ G2 Syringeless filter simplifies UHPLC/HPLC sample preparation over the traditional syringe filter method. The Mini-UniPrep G2 is an all-in-one integrated filter that replaces the syringe, syringe filter, glass vial, cap, and septum. After the filtration step Mini-UniPrep G2 can be placed directly into the autosampler in readiness for injecting sample into the UHPLC/HPLC instrument.
The Mini-UniPrep™ G2 includes an integral borosilicate glass vial housed within the plunger and a borosilicate glass chamber for holding the unfiltered liquid. During the filtration step, the plunger is compressed into the glass chamber containing the unfiltered liquid. As the plunger travels downward, liquid flows through the filtration membrane to the top of the plunger and drops into the glass collection vial housed within the plunger. Therefore, the sample only contacts plastic for a very short period of time i.e. only while the plunger is being compressed through the unfiltered liquid. Once compressed, the Mini-UniPrep™ G2 is ready to be loaded directly on to the autosample.
- Consists of an integral borosilicate glass autosampler vial, plunger with attached filter membrane, and septum/cap
- Filters samples three times faster compared to the traditional syringe filter method
- Glass construction minimizes the risk of leachables contaminating the sample
- Designed to be loaded dir ectly into the autosampler
- Includes visual indication that the sample has been filtered
- Minimizes instrument downtime due to unfiltered samples
- Wide range of membranes with 0.2 and 0.45µL pore sizes to meet specific sample filtration requirements