One of the key components of sample introduction is the inlet septum. All columns must have sufficient carrier gas head pressure to establish flow through the column. Septa maintain the leak-free seal and exclude air from the inlet. They come in many different sizes and are made from many different types of materials specific to inlet type and analysis needs.
Septa are available for a variety of different applications and have different upper temperature limits. Lower temperature septa are usually softer, seal better, and can withstand more punctures (injections) than their high temperature counterparts.
- Extended temperature range, lowest bleed
- Maximum injection port temperature: 400° C
- Virtually eliminates injection port sticking
- Pre-conditioned; ready to use
- Ideal for use with low-bleed, "Mass Spec" capillary columns