Extend-C18 columns incorporate a patented bidentate silane, combined with a double-endcapping process that protects the silica from dissolution at high pH - up to pH 11.5. columns are best applied for separations of compounds that are either (1) basic and have little or no retention at low or intermediate pHs, (2) more stable or more soluble at high pH, or (3) basic and show poor peak shape at low or intermediate pH.
- High efficiency and long life at high pH — up to pH 11.5
- Bidentate bonding and double endcaping provides high pH stability
- More efficiency and better peak shape than polymer-based columns
- Improve retention, resolution, and peak shape of basic compounds
- High sensitivity for LC/MS separations of peptides and proteins