- Special grade of stainless steel that is softer and deforms more easily, creating a better seal.
- Increases column lifetime because oxygen cannot permeate into the carrier gas.
- Reduced noise benefits high-sensitivity detectors (for example, ECDs, MSDs).
- Siltek® treatment provides inertness similar to fused silica.
- All seals include washers.
The inlet seal at the base of the Agilent 5890/6890 GC injection port contacts the sample and must be changed frequently to prevent adsorption of active compounds. In addition, septum fragments and sample residue accumulate on the disk surface, requiring disk replacement. The Restek inlet seal design increases column lifetime because oxygen cannot permeate into the carrier gas. Detector noise also is reduced with high-sensitivity detectors (for example, ECDs or MSDs). To reduce breakdown and adsorption of active compounds, use Siltek® or gold-plated seals.
Note: The 1.2mm inlet seal is recommended for use with Vespel®/graphite ferrules or when installing two columns using a two-hole ferrule.