- A flat, soft aluminum sealing ring deforms and butt-seals against the MSD interface.
- A standard Vespel® ferrule seals the column and 1/16-inch stainless steel nut.
- Fitting is constructed of nickel-plated brass for longevity and softness.
- Use any standard Vespel® or Vespel®/graphite 1/16-inch ferrule.
- Includes a 1/16-inch stainless steel nut and two replacement sealing rings. Order ferrules separately.
Agilent's MSD interface uses a butt-seal to simultaneously seal the MSD source to the capillary column. This system is prone to leakage. Restek's MSD conversion fitting is designed with two separate seals to reduce the chance of leaks: a crunch washer seals the MSD conversion fitting to the source; a ferrule seals the capillary tubing to the conversion fitting.