Rtx®-1701 features a mix of cyano and phenyl functional groups that increases the polarity and offers a different elution order relative to less polar Rtx®-1 or Rtx®-5 columns. An Rtx®-1701/MXT®-1701 column is ideal for confirmational analysis in combination with an Rtx®-35/MXT®-35 or Rtx®-5/MXT®-5 column. The polymer is fully characterized to ensure long-term reproducibility, column-to-column consistency, and low bleed, even with sensitive detectors such as ECDs, NPDs, and MSDs.
- General-purpose mid-polarity phase, ideal for alcohols, oxygenates, pharmaceuticals, PCBs, pesticides.
- MXT®-1701 columns are unbreakable Silcosteel®-treated stainless steel tubing.
- Thermally stable to 280°C. (Maximum temperatures listed are for 15- and 30-meter lengths. Longer lengths may have a slightly reduced maximum temperature.)
- Selectivity similar to DB-1701, HP-1701, SPB-1701 phases.
- Equivalent to USP G46 phase.
Application areas include pesticides, Aroclor® samples, PCBs, alcohols, oxygenates, pharmaceuticals, solvents.
Note: Not recommended for strongly acidic compounds because all cyano phases can show non-linearity at ppm levels.