Vivaspin® 20 centrifugal concentrators offer increased volume flexibility and performance to the Vivaspin® potfolio. Vivaspin® 20 handles up to 20mL in swing bucket rotors and 14mL in fixed angle rotors accepting 50mL centrifuge tubes. Vivaspin® 20 features twin vertical membranes for unparalleled filtration speed and >100-fold concentration. Volume graduation allows monitoring the concentration process and the modified dead stop pocket simplifies pipetting of the final concentrate.
For higher process flexibility, Vivaspin® 20 is available with unique accessories and operating methods. For one-step desalting following concentration, a diafiltration cup filled with buffer is can be placed on the concentrator and spun another time to achieve 98% salt removal, instead of two spins to achieve the same result with the traditional refill and re-spin procedure. When an appropriate centrifuge is unavailable, or for single sample processing, for gas pressure filtration, Vivaspin® 20 can be filled with up to 15mL and then pressurised for bench top concentration. For even faster processing, gas pressure filtration can be combined with centrifugation. 'Pressure-fugation' is particularly useful for difficult or viscous samples such as serum, when using a low process temperature, or generally when minimum process time is essential.
- High flux PES membrane
- High retentate recovery > 90 %
- Vertical twin membrane for ultra-fast concentration
- Universal rotor compatibility
- Safe sample concentration due to dead-stop volume
- Convenient concentrate recovery by pipetting
- Volume graduation for easy reading/monitoring
- 100-fold concentration with twin vertical membranes
- Additional option for pressurized operation