Corning Spin-X UF centrifugal concentrators offer a simple, one step procedure for concentrating or desalting proteins and other biomolecules with 90% or better recovery.
The patented vertical membrane design and thin channel filtration chamber minimizes membrane fouling and provides fast, high speed concentrating, even with particle laden solutions.
Integrated dead stop design eliminates risk of spinning to dryness; no respinning necessary
Low binding polyethersulfone (PES) membranes are available with five molecular weight cut-offs (MWCO): 5,000, 10,000, 30,000, 50,000 and 100,000 to meet all of your concentrating needs. Choose an MWCO 1/2 to 1/3 smaller than the protein to be concentrated.
The MWCO and graduations are printed right on the side of the concentrator tube to avoid mix-ups.
Corning Spin-X UF Applications:
- Concentration, desalting of proteins, enzymes, monoclonal antibodies, immunoglobulins
- Removal of labeled amino acids and nucleotides
- HPLC sample preparation
- Deproteinization of samples
- Recovery of biomolecules from cell culture supernatants, lysates
- Concentrating virus from cell culture supernatants