Poly-L-Lysine (PLL) is a synthetic compound that enhances cell adhesion and protein absorption by altering surface charges on the culture substrate. In addition to promoting cell adhesion, poly-lysine surface treatments support neurite outgrowth and improve the survival of many central nervous system (CNS) primary cells in culture. Because PLL is a synthetic molecule, it does not stimulate biological activity in the cells cultured on them, nor does it introduce impurities carried by natural polymers.
Corning BioCoat™ Poly-Lysine Cellware offers tissue-culture vessels with a uniform application of poly-lysine.
- Attachment and spreading of a variety of cell types
- Cell differentiation and neurite outgrowth
- Attachment of fastidious transfected cell lines
- Support survival of primary neurons in culture
- Serum-free or reduced serum culture
Available in 6- or 96-well plates; both areTC-treated and have flat bottom wells.