Designed for in vitro diagnostic assays, these flat bottom strips with round wells are designed to easily break apart and are pre-assembled in an "egg-crate" style strip holder that allows each individual well to be positioned back into the plate once broken. Recommended working volume of 75 to 200µL. 1x8 Strips fit only one way into the strip holder, eliminating the chance of misorientation. Non-sterile polystyrene. Available in the following surfaces:
- High binding surface binds medium (>10kD) and large biomolecules that possess ionic groups and/or hydrophobic regions. Binding capacity is approximately 400 to 500ng IgG/cm2. Ideal for immunoassays.
- Not treated (or medium binding) polystyrene surface is hydrophobic in nature and binds biomolecules through passive interactions. Is suitable primarily for the immobilization of large molecules, such as antibodies, that have large hydrophobic regions that can interact with the surface. Untreated microplates have a binding capacity of approximately 100 to 200ng IgG/cm2.
- Amine surface has positively charged amine groups (2 x 10(13) reactive sites/cm2) that can be used for covalent immobilization via bifunctional crosslinkers.
- Photo-reactive (Universal-BIND™) surface covalently immobilizes biomolecules via abstractable hydrogens using UV illumination, resulting in a carbon-carbon bond. Although linkage is nonspecific and does not allow for site-directed orientation of a biomolecule, this surface may be useful for immobilization of double stranded DNA, antigens of unknown structure, and mixtures of biomolecules (e.g., cell lysates).
- Carbohydrate (Carbo-BIND™) binding surface has hydrazide groups covalently coupled to carbohydrate groups. Ideal for assays requiring site-directed orientation of a biomolecule (oxidized antibodies, carbohydrates, and glycosylated proteins) while maintaining enzymatic or immunological activity.
- Sulfhydryl (Sulfhydryl-BIND™) binding surface has covalently-linked maleimide groups that covalently couple to sulfhydryl groups via SH moieties. Ideal for assays requiring site-directed orientation of a biomolecule, especially antibodies.
Transparent acetate microplate sealing tape (Cat.No. 83-3095) provides easy application and removal for all microplates for both short- and long-term storage. Provides tight seal to minimize evaporation and condensation and is suitable for use between -16°C and 38°C.
Other Corning® product accessories include: 96 Well Strip Ejector (Cat.No. 83-2578); 96 Well Stripwell™ Egg Crate Strip Holder (Cat.No. 83-2572); Aluminum Sealing Tape (Cat.No. 83-6570); Universal Optical Sealing Tape (Cat.No. 83-6757).