FTA Cards use patented Whatman FTA Technology that simplifies the handling and processing of nucleic acids allowing you to collect, transport, archive, and isolate nucleic acids at room temperature. FTA Cards contain chemicals that lyse cells, denature proteins, and protect nucleic acids from nucleases, oxidation, and UV damage. FTA Cards rapidly inactivate organisms, including blood-borne pathogens, and prevent the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms. Applications include forensics, transgenics, food & agriculture testing, genomics, diagnostics and other areas of molecular biology.
Features and Benefits
- Capture nucleic acid a single step.
- Captured nucleic acid is ready for downstream applications in fewer than 30 minutes.
- Nucleic acids collected on FTA Cards are stable for years at room temperature.
- FTA Cards are stored at room temperature before and after sample application, reducing the need for laboratory freezers.
- Suitable for virtually any cell type.
- Indicating FTA Cards change color upon sample application to facilitate handling of colorless samples.
- FTA Cards are available in a variety of configurations to meet application requirements.
- Custom configurations are available on request.