Protector® Work Stations are specifically designed for the needs of pathologists and histotechnologists. These enclosures rely on patented containment-enhancing features and face velocities from 60 to 100 fpm to rid the laboratory of solvent vapors associated with gross sectioning, trimming, cover slipping and staining. Work Stations are ideal for cramped or crowded labs as they feature a low profile to fit easily under standard upper cabinets.
Geared for connection to a remote blower or house exhaust system to offer protection from a broad range of chemicals and are recommended when chemical concentrations are high, unknown or unpredictable. In lieu of outside ducting, these models may also be connected to the FilterMate™ Portable Exhauster (available separately), which returns filtered air to the laboratory.
Exclusive features include:
- Ergonomic air foil with aerodynamic Clean-Sweep@0@ airflow openings
- Upper dilution air supply
- Zone-perforated, Type 304 stainless steel rear baffle
- Side-entry air foils
Other features include:
- Face velocities from 60 to 100 fpm
- Glacier white and gray, dry powder epoxy-coated aluminum frame and steel rear plenum and baffle
- 1/4" thick tempered safety glass front sash and sides
- 8" high sash opening
- Ergonomic 20° angled and hinged sash with wiping seals and spring-loaded latch that pivots upward and locks to a 20" height
- Glare-free fluorescent lighting
- Light and blower switches
- Exterior rear-mounted electrical receptacle
- 2" x 10" rectangular exhaust openings on the top and bottom
- Two utility ports with iris openings and plugs
- Static pressure loss from .06" to .16"