Protector® Work Stations are specifically designed for the needs of pathologists and histotechnologists. These enclosures rely on patented containment-enhancing features and face velocities from 60 to 100 fpm to rid the laboratory of solvent vapors associated with gross sectioning, trimming, cover slipping and staining. These stations are ideal for cramped or crowded labs as they feature a low profile to fit easily under standard upper cabinets.
Work Stations with Built-In Blower are offered for laboratories where ducting to the outside is not feasible. These enclosures accommodate two large carbon filters — Organic, Formaldehyde and Ammonia — used in any combination. The filters keep low concentrations of these chemicals below OSHA-recommended time-weighted average (TWA) levels, restoring clean air to the laboratory. Carbon Filters are sold separately.
- Stainless steel rear baffle with zones of perforations
- Upper dilution air supply
- Glare-free fluorescent lighting
- Side-entry air foils, upper containment sash foil and Clean-Sweep™ air foil
- Built-in motorized impeller
- Speed control
- Baffle with two release knobs that pivots down for filter access
- Quiet operation
- Glacier white and gray, dry powder epoxy-coated aluminum frame and steel rear plenum
- 1/4" thick tempered safety glass front sash and sides
- 8" high sash opening
- Ergonomic 20° angled and hinged sash with wiping seals and spring-loaded latch that pivots upward and locks to a 19.0" height
- Exterior rear-mounted electrical receptacle