Protector® PVC Perchloric Acid Laboratory Hoods feature washdown systems, integral work surfaces and drainage troughs so that they may be thoroughly rinsed after each use to prevent the accumulation of potentially reactive perchloric salts. Their liners of Type 1 unplasticized polyvinyl chloride are designed to withstand reaction from perchloric acid and other highly corrosive inorganic materials that do not involve high temepratures.
Protector® PVC Acid Digestion Laboratory Hoods feature Lexan® polycarbonate sashes, which are recommended for applications involving the use of acids including hydrofluoric acid but not perchloric acid. The Lexan® material does not fog or etch when exposed to hydrofluoric fumes.
These benchtop hoods are available in 4, 6 and 8-foot widths.
Additional features include:
- By-pass airflow design and by-pass block
- Heat-welded unplasticized PVC interior with integral work surface, drainage trough, and pre-set baffle(s)
- Built-in washdown system with internal piping and spray nozzles and remote control fixture on upper left side
- 12.75" ID PVC exhaust connection(s)
- Ergonomic air foil with aerodynamic Clean-Sweep airflow openings
- Pre-wired T8 fluorescent lighting with vapor-proof design and ADA-compliant light and blower switches
- Removable front and side panels and front access panels for access to plumbing and electrical wiring
- Washdown fitting located on top of hood to facilitate connection to external wash rings (not included)
- Black enamel-coated hardboard surface to support the integral work surface is included
- Glacier white dry powder epoxy-coated steel exterior