XPert™ Weigh Boxes have inlet and outlet HEPA filters and provide a leak-tight physical barrier to protect the operator from hazardous airborne particulates and powders. These boxes include an interior-mounted anti-static ionizer fan to reduce static charge and a balance vibration isolator, both useful during weighing operations.
Weigh Boxes are constructed with a one-piece molded, medium-density polyethylene shell, dry powder epoxy-coated steel superstructure and neoprene gasket. Included are a pair of size 9 ¾ neoprene gloves that are 0.15" thick and 30" long. A 1/4" thick laminated safety glass viewing window provides maximum visibility. The space-saving inner and outer transfer chamber doors pivot upward, are counterbalanced and are equipped with quick-latches. The black, chemical-resistant phenolic core work surface is sealed to the glove box floor. A transfer chamber interior interlocking shelf of dry powder epoxy-coated steel is included. With a 22 watt fluorescent lamp.
Additional exclusive features include:
- Interior ceiling-mounted electrical duplex
- Built-in blower with speed control capable of airflow from 13 CFM to 100 CFM
- Inlet and outlet HEPA filters are 99.99% efficient on 0.3 micron particulates
- Test port for challenging HEPA filter
- Main chamber static pressure gauge for monitoring HEPA filter loading integrity
- Switches for light and innermost interior electrical receptacle
- 0.05 ppm average tracer gas levels or less detected during perimeter scan testing (surpasses ASHRAE 110 standards)
- Airborne particulate cleanliness (measured under positive and negative pressures per ISO 14644-1 test method) exceeds ISO Class 5 conditions (equivalent to Class 100) and achieved ISO Class 3 conditions (equivalent to Class 1) at both minimum and maximum operational airflow volumes
- No detectable leaks greater than 1 x 10(-3)mL/second when tested with a mass spectrometer while glove box is pressurized with helium at 5 inches of water gauge
- Vibration less than 1.5 x 10(-5) inches displacement measured at the work surface at both minimum and maximum airflow volumes
Main chamber interior dimensions are 33.5"W x 27.5"D with transfer chamber dimensions of 11" nominal ID x 12" long. Overall dimensions are 52.7"W x 31.6"D x 40.0"H.