Protector® Controlled Atmosphere Glove Boxes provide a leak-tight environment to perform work with contamination-sensitive materials under vacuum or in an inert environment. Fiberglass-lined models are performance tested to maintain oxygen levels a low as 0.4 ppm and moisture levels as low as 2 ppm. Stainless steel-lined models are performance tested to maintain oxygen levels as low as 0.2 ppm and moisture levels as low as 1 ppm. Glove Boxes are factory leak-tested with a mass spectrometer while pressurized with helium at 5 inches of water gauge, with no detectable leaks greater than 1 x 10-6mL/second. Choose between single- or double-width models.
- Four manual valves – two on the main chamber and two on the transfer chamber – for evacuating, filling and added control. With 3/8" compression fittings and 3/8" hose barbs
- Factory-installed, rear-mounted, low profile stainless steel pressure relief bubbler at ±6 inches of water gauge
- Two rear-mounted inlet and oulet 3/4" OD compression fittings for easy connection to optional AtmosPure™ Re-Gen Gas Purifier or other accessory drying train
- Large viewing window is 3/8" thick, laminated safety glass with an area of 36"W x 27.6"H to provide maximum visibility
- Space-saving inner and outer transfer chamber doors pivot upward, are counterbalanced and equipped with quick-latches
- Interior right-hand side wall-mounted electrical duplex receptacle with 10 amp maximum circuit load.
- Interior left-hand side wall-mounted pass through plug for on-site installation of an optional accessory: electrical outlet, RS-232 port, gas/liquid port, or port for oxygen or moisture monitor
- Includes a pair of neoprene gloves, 0.015" thick, 30" long, size 9 ¾
- Switches for light, blower and electrical duplex
- Two 8" ID, epoxy-coated aluminum double-grooved glove ports mounted 17" apart, with neoprene gaskets
- Two 25-watt fluorescent lights
- Dry-powder epoxy-coated, 18 and 20 gauge steel exterior panels
Auto Pressure Controller models also feature automatic control of the main chamber pressure (-5 to +5 inches of water gauge), main chamber evacuation and filling cycles and transfer chamber evacuation and filling cycles. Regulation of vacuum/pressure between -5 and +5 inches of water gauge in the main chamber and between 0 and -29.5 inches of mercury in the transfer chamber is also included. With mutable, audible/visual alarm, LCD display of main chamber and transfer chamber pressure, and three-position foot pedal.
Glove Boxes require a supporting base, vacuum pump and inert gas for filling (not included).