Precise™ HEPA-Filtered Glove Boxes have inlet and outlet HEPA filters and provide a leak-tight physical barrier to protect the operator from hazardous airborne particulates and powders. These boxes have uses in pharmaceutical research, nanotechnology and biochemistry. Microorganisms, low-level radiochemicals, chemical carcinogens and asbestos may also be used in these boxes.
HEPA-Filtered Glove Boxes are constructed with a one-piece molded, medium-density polyethylene shell, powder-coated steel frame and neoprene gasket. With a 1/4" thick laminated safety glass viewing window and space-saving inner and outer transfer chamber doors that pivot upward, are counterbalanced and equipped with quick-latches. The black, chemical-resistant phenolic core work surface is sealed to the glove box floor.
Additional features include:
- Interior ceiling-mounted electrical duplex
- Built-in blower with speed control capable of airflow from 13 CFM to 100 CFM
- Inlet and outlet HEPA filters, 99.99% efficient on 0.3 micron particulates, and test port for challenging HEPA filter
- Main chamber static pressure gauge for monitoring HEPA filter loading integrity switches for light and innermost interior electrical receptacle
- 0.05 ppm average tracer gas levels or less detected during perimeter scan testing (surpasses ASHRAE 110 standards)
- Airborne particulate cleanliness (measured under positive and negative pressures per ISO 14644-1 test method) exceeds ISO Class 5 conditions (equivalent to Class 100) and achieved ISO Class 3 conditions (equivalent to Class 1) at both minimum and maximum operational airflow volumes
- No detectable leaks greater than 1 x 10(-3) mL/second when tested with a mass spectrometer while glove box is pressurized with helium at 5 inches of water gauge
- Vibration less than 1.5 x 10(-5) inches displacement measured at the work surface at both minimum and maximum airflow volumes
- Transfer chamber interior interlocking shelf of dry powder epoxy-coated steel
- Includes a pair of neoprene gloves, 0.15" thick, 30" long, size 9 ¾
- 22 watt fluorescent lamp
Main chamber interior dimensions of 33.5"W x 27.5"D and transfer chamber dimensions of 11" nominal ID x 12" long.