Precise™ Controlled Atmosphere Glove Boxes provide a leak-tight environment for work with contamination-sensitive materials. Procedures where low levels of oxygen or moisture are important, such as work with organometallics, alternative energy cells or hydrophilic chemicals, are typical applications for these economical glove boxes.
Controlled Atmosphere Glove Boxes are constructed with a one-piece molded, medium-density polyethylene shell, powder-coated steel frame and neoprene gasket. With a 1/4" thick laminated safety glass viewing window and space-saving inner and outer transfer chamber doors that pivot upward, are counterbalanced and equipped with quick-latches. The black, chemical-resistant phenolic core work surface is sealed to the glove box floor.
Exclusive features include:
- 6 manual valves with 3/8" compression fittings and 3/8" hose barbs
- Main chamber pressure gauge with readings from -5 to +5 inches of water gauge
- Transfer chamber pressure gauge with readings from 0 to -29 inches of mercury
- Pressure relief valve that activates at pressure/vacuum above 6 inches or below -6 inches of water gauge
- Interior ceiling-mounted electrical duplex
- Switches for light and innermost interior electrical receptacle
- No detectable leaks greater than 1 x 10 (-4) mL/sec when tested with a mass spectrometer while glove box is pressurized with helium at 5 inches of water gauge
- Meets Class 1 atmosphere containment conditions for oxygen leak rates per ISO 10648-2 test method
- Transfer chamber high vacuum sleeve and interior interlocking shelf of dry powder epoxy-coated steel
- Performance tested to maintain less than 5 ppm oxygen levels and less than 50 ppm moisture levels
- Pressure relief valve vent
- 4" nominal diameter dry powder epoxy-coated steel superstructure
- 22 watt fluorescent lamp
- Includes a pair of neoprene gloves, 0.15" thick, 30" long, size 9 ¾
Main chamber interior dimensions of 33.5"W x 27.5"D and transfer chamber dimensions of 11" nominal ID x 12" long.