Mystaire® MY‑PCR prep stations are compact laminar flow enclosures that reduce the risk of sample contamination while performing polymerase chain reaction experiments. Airborne contaminants are prevented from entering into the work zone through constant positive pressure HEPA filtered air. Each PCR prep station is equipped with a built-in 254 nanometer shortwave lamp to effectively decontaminate the work area between amplifications. Safety interlocks are included on all PCR prep stations to prevent operator exposure to potentially harmful UV radiation.
MY‑PCR prep stations are bench‑top personal clean zones allowing the operator to amplify RNA and DNA while minimizing the potential for background from airborne contaminants.
Note: MY‑PCR and FE‑PCR are not biological safety cabinets. They are designed to provide process protection only from potential airborne contaminants found in the laboratory space.
- Class 100 vertical laminar flow air
- 15-Minute UV light timer
- Clear polycarbonate construction with chemically impervious polypropylene work surface
- UV shelf with integrated pipette holder
- Electrical cord pass-through port
- Sash position switch and overlap to prevent UV light exposure