Mystaire® CleanPrep dead air boxes are circulation-free enclosures that establish an ideal work area to protect against contamination in sensitive PCR amplification reactions. CleanPrep workstations are constructed from thermally-fused polypropylene that offers exceptional chemical resistance, does not adsorb moisture and can be easily cleaned and decontaminated between amplifications using a variety of disinfectant solutions.
- Seamless polypropylene design for easy decontamination between amplifications
- Clear polycarbonate access with overlap and safety position switch
- 0-15 minute UV Light Timer
- High intensity fluorescent lamps and shortwave UV light
- UV shelf with integrated pipette holder - accommodates four pipettors
- Light weight and portable design
The CleanPrep PCR Workstation is designed to control three major contamination issues:
- Reaction preparation is performed in the "clean" still-air chamber, thus minimizing airborne and supply-borne contamination.
- During reaction preparation, a portion of the reaction mix is exposed to the UV light, thus decontaminating any irregular reaction components. Since this exposure bathes the chamber and its contents, they are "cleaned" at the same time.
- Keeping the sash closed, the CleanPrep Chamber and supplies remain ready for use.
Access into the CleanPrep Dead Air Box is gained through a folding vertical polycarbonate sash. The sash is designed with an overlap to eliminate potentially harmful UV rays from escaping the enclosure. As an added safety feature, the lower portion of the sash is fitted with a position switch that controls the UV light and its ability to be turned on and off. When the polycarbonate sash is in the vertical position, the UV light is disabled, allowing the fluorescent light to be illuminated. Workspace illumination is important during amplifications and each CleanPrep enclosure is fitted with a high-intensity fluorescent lamp to effectively illuminate the work area.