Corning® transfectagro medium is an animal component free, defined medium specifically developed for applications and growth of a variety of cell lines with reduced serum. Internal testing has confirmed the ability of transfectagro to support the growth of both adherent and suspension cell lines when supplemented with 2-4% fetal bovine serum (FBS). When supplemented at reduced serum levels, growth in transfectagro is comparable to cell densities obtained in fully supplemented classical media.
- General purpose basal medium for low serum supplementation conditions.
- Defined medium: The formulation is free of undefined hydrolysates, ultra filtered lysates, and peptides.
- Diluent or growth medium for improved transient transfection efficiency as compared to classical media.
- Provides a more supportive environment for formation of the nucleic acid-transfection reagents complex.
- Formulated with Corning glutagro™ supplement to provide a stable, ready to use formulation. No glutamine supplementation required.