Protector® Premier Laboratory Hoods incorporate a sleek interior with a molded one-piece fiberglass liner. The one-piece liner of specially-formulated, fiberglass-reinforced polyester offers corrosion and fire resistance and easy clean up. Without seams, the interior has fewer points of deterioration for longer life.
These hoods are suitable for providing personal protection needed for general chemistry applications involving fumes and vapors. They meet the SEFA-1 standard of a low velocity, high performance hood and may be safely operated as low as 60 fpm. Choose from hoods designed to be used with a remotely-located blower or hoods that include a built-in blower—the only high performance hood with built-in blower available anywhere. Explosion-proof hoods with built-in blower are available for laboratories with potentially explosive/flammable atmospheres (Class 1 Div I or II).
Features (All Models)
- By-pass airflow design
- Eco-Foil™ Air Foil reduces energy consumption by 7-10% compared to flat air foils while its aerodynamic curve allows air to sweep the work surface for maximum containment. Clean-Sweep™ openings pull inflow air from under the air foil forcing air into non-turbulent air streams.
- Cord-Keeper™ Slots on left and right side of air foil keep electrical cords out of the way.
- Glacier white powder-coated steel exterior is durable and corrosion-resistant.
- One-piece molded fiberglass liner and pre-set baffle(s) with flame spread less than 25 per ASTM E84.
- Tempered safety glass vertical-rising sash with powder-coated sash handle and Clean-Sweep™ openings.
- 37.5" (95.3cm) high sightline from the work surface to header panel allows taller users comfortable viewing while standing.
- Removable front and side panels, and front service access panels for access to plumbing and electrical wiring.
- Pre-wired T8 fluorescent lighting with vapor-proof design and ADA-compliant light and blower switches (not on models with built-in explosion proof blower).
- On models for use with remote blower, 12.8" ID exhaust connection(s).
Built-In Blower Models Feature
- Built-in belt-driven, corrosion-resistant exhaust blower with adjustable sheave, molded thermoplastic housing and non-sparking, coated aluminum impeller.
- 10.8" ID exhaust connection on 4' models; 12.8" ID exhaust connection on 5' and 6' models.
Fixtured Models May Feature
- Two pre-plumbed service fixtures with forged brass valves, lower right side with brass tubing for gas and lower left side wit copper tubing for cold water. Components for converting either or both fixtures to air and vacuum are provided. Inlet tubing is not provided.
- One pre-wired GFCI electrical duplex receptacle on lower right side and, on 8' models only, one additional pre-wired GFCI electrical duplex receptacle on lower left side.
Required Accessories (Not Included)
- Remote blower (except for built-in blower models)
- SpillStopper™ Work Surface
- Base cabinet or stand