Kimax® desiccators are designed and made for durability and efficiency in daily laboratory use. Ideal for removing moisture from solids, storing hygroscopic materials, and applications requiring vacuum desiccation. Can also be used for cooling oven-dried samples while maintaining sample dryness.
- The shape of the body allows easy removal of desiccant materials
- Simplified stopcock design minimizes chipping or marring of critically ground finishes during cleaning and assembly
- Valve is secured to the desiccator lid by a neoprene grommet located in the knob of the cover
- With this style, an accidental bump would be more readily absorbed than with styles having sealed assemblies
- Stem is tooled with a hose connection to accept 5/16" ID flexible tubing
- When properly greased, it should hold a vacuum of 29 inches of mercury for twenty-four hours
- All glass apparatus manufactured from 33 expansion, low extractable borosilicate glass conforming to USP Type I and ASTM E438, Type I, Class A requirements