Corning® 5L Erlenmeyer flasks are designed to help scale-up suspension culture with space efficiency in mind. The flasks are sterile and ready-to-use, and are ideal for shaker culture applications and storage. Closed cell culture systems help reduce the risk of adventitious contamination during drug development and manufacturing.
Closed systems accessories with vessels are also available to help transfer liquid aseptically. The internal end is a rigid polypropylene dip tube designed to reach the bottom of the flask. The venting port ends in a 50mm diameter vent filter with a 0.2µm pore PVDF membrane and a barbed fitting. The liquid transfer port uses a 1/4" ID (3/8" OD) chemically resistant, heat sealable flexible tubing on the external side of the cap ending in a male plastic coupler (MPC) male disconnect with a sealing cap.
- Available with plain or baffled bottom
- Molded-in graduations for accuracy
- Large vent cap for continuous gas exchange while ensuring sterility and preventing leakage
- Highest Sterility Assurance Level (SAL) of 10-6
- Certified nonpyrogenic and RNase-/DNase-free
- BSE/TSE compliant accessories
- Erlenmeyer flasks are autoclavable once at 121°C, 15psi for 20 minutes. Repeated autoclaving weakens the flask and is not recommended. Vent cap is not autoclavable.