Barnstead™ Classic Stills effectively remove inorganic solids, organics, bacteria, and pyrogens.The Classic Still was originally designed for durability and consistent quality over 100 years ago, and has withstood all the tests of time. They can be bench or floor mounted depending upon model. Choose from five production capacities (0.5, 1, 2, 5 and 10 GPH). The stills are constructed of copper and bronze with a coating of pure tin. The metal construction is built to withstand years of use and the tin's inert nature prevents any leaching of contaminants into the water. A low water cut-off prevents still burn-out in the event of feedwater interruption. Floor Model and Steam Stills cease operation when storage tank is full, and restart when water level falls below preset level. These stills also drain the still boiler at selected 2-, 4-, 8-, and 16-hour intervals to reduce scale formation.
All Classic Stills Feature:
- Feedwater preheated in condenser conserves energy
- Double-walled boiler conserves electricity
- Vented condenser allows for stripping of gaseous impurities
- Unique deconcentrator removes scale forming impurities from the boiler
- Q-Baffle® ensures high quality pyrogen free product water by stripping contaminant laden water droplets from steam
- Space-saving horizontal condenser
Economical Electrical Portable Still:
- Produces high quality distilled water at the rate of .5 GPH
- Ideal for educational and other labs with moderate pure water requirements
- Requires no permanent plumbing or electrical connections, and can be set up for operation in minutes
Floor Model Electric Stills:
- Operates on a wide variety of electrical services
- Capacities range from 1, 2, 5 & 10 GPH
- Many options are available which include fully automatic controls
- All stills require 2 separate input power supplies; 120V supply for low water cut-off and rated voltage for contactor and heating elements
- Come standard with floor mounting stand; plug-and-play hardware allows for easier installation
- Overtemperature protection system for system safety
- Utilizes available in-house steam as heat source.
- Bench, floor, or wall mounted.
- Optional fully automatic controls allow for unattended operation
- Steam pressure: 35 to 50psi
- Boiler horsepower: 3.5
- Steam flowrate: 90 lb./hr. (41kg/hr.)
Storage Reservoirs are required and must be purchased separately.