Thermo Scientific Locator™ Rack and Box Systems make cell sample retrieval quick and easy. The compact design minimizes space requirements while maximizing storage capacity. Simplify sample storage and retrieval with the unique hanging rack and gridded box design, unmatched temperature uniformity, and an innovative liquid nitrogen monitor. Available in three sizes: Locator Jr., Locator 4, and Locator 8. Choose between models with liquid nitrogen level monitor or without.
Excellent vacuum insulation provides better liquid nitrogen efficiency per ampule stored than competitive "can and cane" systems, reducing evaporation and operating costs. Durable construction provides years of trouble-free service. Secure locking clasp prevents unauthorized entry. The vessels are super-insulated and designed with a special narrow mouth to conserve liquid nitrogen by minimizing evaporation. Suited for both manual and computerized inventory record-keeping methods.
- Outstanding temperature uniformity: samples are stored below -180°C, even when less than 2 in. (5cm) of liquid nitrogen remains in the vessel.
- Ultrasonic Level Monitor safeguards irreplaceable samples with minimal liquid nitrogen evaporation and conduction.
- Optional monitor provides continuous LED readout of liquid nitrogen level; activates visual and audible alarms when level falls below safe range of approximately 1 in. (2.5cm).
- Optional alarm also alerts operator in the event of excessive liquid nitrogen loss.
- Includes stainless steel indexed racks that fit into corresponding locations in the vessel. Each rack has individual storage compartments that hold one Nalgene™ Cryogenic Storage Box.
Locator Jr. includes four racks with four shelves each for 100-ampule boxes; 26" high x 22" diameter; vessel volume 50 liters; static holding time 60 days.
Locator 4 includes four racks with nine shelves each for 100-ampule boxes; 36" high x 22" diameter; vessel volume 110 liters; static holding time 138 days.
Locator 8 includes eight racks with nine shelves each for 25-ampule boxes; 36" high x 22" diameter; vessel volume 110 liters; static holding time 225 days.