Reusable bacteriological pipets are constructed of 51 expansion borosilicate glass and are color-coded for ease in sorting and choosing correct sizes. Scale is permanent brown stain fused into uniform bore tubing without etching.
- Calibrated to deliver the correct volume of undiluted milk when the small amount remaining in the tip after free delivery has ceased is blown out and added to the free delivery volume
- For diluted milk, the correct volume is delivered without blowing out
- 10 and 11mL sizes are tooled for a cotton plug at the top end
- 1.1, 2.2, and 11.0mL sizes are calibrated in accordance with specifications of the American Public Health Association as published in Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products
- Sizes 2.2 and 11.0mL are designed from ASTM Specification E1043, Type IV A requirements
- Size 1.1mL is designed from ASTM Specification E1043, Type IV requirements
- 51 expansion borosilicate glass conforms to USP Type I and ASTM E438, Type I, Class B requirements