Crossbond® 6% cyanopropylphenyl / 94% dimethyl polysiloxane
The February 1994 revision of the CLP Statement of Work for volatile organic analysis requires that all of the gaseous compounds be resolved by more than 90% from each other, or sub-ambient oven conditions must be used. 105-meter Rtx®-624/MXT®-624 columns achieve baseline separation of the gases at a starting temperature of 35°C. Rtx®-624/MXT®-624 columns can be used with a GC/MS system, or a PID in tandem with an ELCD.
The polarity of Rtx®-624/MXT®-624 columns makes them ideal for analyses of volatile organic pollutants. Although the Rtx®-502.2 column is recommended in many methods, Rtx®-624/MXT®-624 columns offer the best separation of the early-eluting gases. The MXT® column offers rugged, flexible, inert, Silcosteel® treated stainless steel.
- Application-specific columns, designed for analysis of volatile organic pollutants.
- Recommended in US EPA methods for volatile organic pollutants.
- Thermally stable to 240°C.
- Selectivity similar to DB-624, HP-624 phases.
- Equivalent to USP G43 phase.
Application Areas: US EPA Methods 502.2, 524, 624, 8240, and 8260.