Eppendorf® Microcentrifuge models 5424 and 5424 R are the new laboratory standard. With their 24-place capacity and speed up to 21,130 x g they are perfectly equipped for all modern molecular biology applications in Eppendorf® and PCR tubes. When working with miniprep spin column kits— the unique Kit rotor with raised rim solves the problem of open tube caps shearing off during the elution step.
Like all Eppendorf® centrifuges, models 5424 and 5424 R offer you more than just speed and capacity to benefit you and your work environment: operating concept and overall design are based on in-depth ergonomic studies, making everyday routines faster and easier. Both models are whisper quiet even if you don’t use the rotor lid due to the unique OptiBowl design. For all applications involving hazardous samples such as viruses, bacteria, blood, or radioactive probes these models are equipped with an aerosol-tight rotor to ensure maximum safety.
Refrigerated Model 5424 R features state of the art cooling technology to ensure energy efficiency and high temperature accuracy for maximum sample protection. For ease of operation and time savings, Model 5424 R cools down to 4°C in only 8 minutes.
Features and benefits:
- Capacity of 24 x 1.5/2.0mL, 4 x PCR strips
- Compact footprint to fit on crowded lab benches
- OptiBowl design allows for whisper quiet operation without rotor lid to reduce handling time and benefit your work environment
- Centrifuge lid with a soft-touch one-finger closure for ergonomic operation
- Lid opens automatically at the end of the run to prevent sample warming and to allow easy access to samples (5424 only, can be deactivated in menu)
- Rotor comes standard with an aerosol-tight lid for safe use with hazardous materials
- Full-digit digital display and rpm/rcf conversion key for accurate and reproducible parameter settings
- Easy accessible software features include: SOFT brake to protect delicate samples; adjustable end-of-run alarm; SHORT spin speed limitation; parameter lock; "At set RPM" function for maximum run time reproducibility
- Available as a rotary knob version for fast parameter selection, or keypad version for easy cleaning
- 2 year warranty
Refrigerated Model 5424 R also features:
- Temperature range from –10°C to 40°C
- Maintains constant 4°C at maximum speed
- Patented compressor technology minimizes vibration and improves temperature accuracy
- FastTemp program is optimized for super fast 8 min pre-cooling and maximum temperature accuracy inside the rotor
- ECO shut-off engages after 8 hours of nonuse to reduce energy consumption and extend compressor life (can be deactivated in menu). Saves you up to 40% energy overnight.
- Built-in condensation drain to eliminate water accumulation and prevent corrosion