Eppendorf® microcentrifuges 5418 and 5418 R with their 18-place capacity rotors are specifically designed for low to medium capacity in 1.5/2mL tubes and Microtainers®. Their speed of up to 16,873 x g (14,000 rpm) allows for standard molecular biology and clinical applications.
Models 5418 and 5418 R offer more than just speed and capacity: operating concepts and overall designs are based on in-depth ergonomic studies, making everyday routines faster and easier. Even though the unique OptiBowl design allows whisper quiet operation without a rotor lid, Models 5418 and 5418 R come standard with a certified aerosol-tight QuickLock™ rotor to ensure maximum safety when working with hazardous samples. Refrigerated version 5418 R offers several unique features that save you energy and ensure high temperature accuracy for maximum sample protection.
Additional features and benefits:
- Capacity of 18 x 1.5/2.0mL
- Compact footprint to fit on crowded lab benches
- Soft-touch one-finger closure centrifuge lid for ergonomic operation
- Lid opens automatically at the end of the run to prevent sample warming and to allow easy access to samples (5418 only)
- Rotor comes standard with an aerosol-tight lid for safe use with hazardous materials
- Large digital display and rpm/rcf conversion key for accurate and reproducible parameter settings
- Rotary knob control panel for fast parameter selection
- 2 year warranty
Refrigerated Model 5418 R also features:
- Temperature range from 0°C to 40°C
- Patented compressor technology minimizes vibration and improves temperature accuracy
- Maintains constant 4 °C at maximum speed
- FastTemp function for fast pre-cooling and maximum temperature accuracy inside the rotor
- ECO shut-off engages after 8 hours of nonuse to reduce energy consumption and extends compressor life (can be deactivated). Saves you up to 47% energy overnight.
- Built-in condensation drain to eliminate water accumulation and prevent corrosion