3D Insert™-PS Scaffolds are ideal for daily 3D cell culture applications. By utilizing our 3D Insert™-PS you can turn an ordinary 2D monolayer cell culture into a novel 3 dimensional cell culture environment, enhancing routine cell culture, drug discovery, cancer models and stem cell differentiation.
3D Insert™-PS Cell Culture Plates features:
- Pre-Sterilized and Ready to Use - Our 3D Insert™-PS scaffolds are prepackaged into wells of tissue culture plates and sterilized using γ-radiation. PS Scaffolds are available in prepackaged tissue culture plates ranging from 6-well to 96-well plates.
- 100% Connectivity - The pores of the products are 100% open, making it easy for cells to be seeded throughout the porous scaffolds and the nutrient and cell metabolic waste to be exchanged. This feature makes the products especially useful in conducting dynamic cultures where the medium can perfuse through the 100% open porous structure.
- Well Defined Pore Size and Porous Structure - The precision microfabrication technology produces a well-defined pore size and ensures the reproducibility of the porous structure from batch to batch.
- Easy Monitoring Cell Growth - 3D Insert™-PS scaffolds are made from polystyrene, the same material as the traditional tissue culture plates. The combination of transparency of the material and the porous structure design makes it possible to monitoring cell growth under an inverted light microscope.
- Mechanically Strong and Easy to Handle - 3D Insert™-PS scaffolds are mechanically strong. Therefore, they are easy to handle and manipulate when needed.
- Free of Animal Derived Material - Our PS Scaffolds are made from 100% synthetic polymer with consistent quality to ensure experimental reproducibility when using different batches of 3D Insert™-PS.
- Improved Cell Culture Efficiency - 3D cell culture products have increased surface areas as compared to 2D cell culture plates. Therefore more cells can be cultured using the same size cell culture dish/plates/flasks/bioreactors.
- Easy Separation of Cytokines and Growth Factors Secreted by Cultured Cells - Our 3D cell culture scaffolds will not absorb cytokines and growth factors. Therefore, cytokines and growth factors, which are secreted by cultured cells during 3D culture, can be easily separated or recovered from the culture medium without going through any extra separation steps.
- Compatible with Most 2D Cell Culture Protocols, Including Trypsin Digestion Protocol - Cells cultured in non-degradable scaffolds can be assayed using most 2D cell culture assay protocols. Cultured cells can be easily harvested using the same trypsin digestion protocol as in the 2D cell culture.