These Celltreat® Tissue Culture Plates feature a polycaprolactone insert. Polycaprolactone (PCL) is a biodegradable polymer used in many FDA approved implants, drug delivery devices, sutures, as well as for a wide variety of applications in tissue engineering research.
3D Insert™-PCL Cell Culture Plates features:
- Pre-Sterilized and Ready to Use - 3D Insert™-PCL scaffolds are prepackaged into wells of tissue culture plates and terminally sterilized using γ-radiation. Currently our PCL Scaffolds are available in prepackaged tissue culture plates ranging from 6-well to 96-well plates.
- 100% Connectivity - The pores of the products are 100% open, making it easy for cells to be seeded throughout the porous scaffolds and the nutrient and cell metabolic waste to be exchanged. This feature makes the products especially useful in conducting dynamic cultures where the medium can perfuse through the 100% open porous structure.
- Well Defined Pore Size and Porous Structure - 3D Insert™-PCL scaffolds precision microfabrication technology produces a well-defined pore size and ensures the reproducibility of the porous structure from batch to batch.
- Improved Cell Culture Efficiency - 3D Insert™-PCL scaffolds have increased surface areas as compared to 2D cell culture plates. There, more cells can be cultured using the same size cell culture dish/plates/flasks/bioreactors.
- Easy Separation of Cytokines and Growth Factors Secreted by Cultured Cells - Our 3D cell culture scaffolds will not absorb cytokines and growth factors. Therefore, cytokines and growth factors, which are secreted by cultured cells during 3D culture, can be easily separated or recovered from the culture medium without going through any extra separation steps.
- Organic Solvent Free - Cytotoxic organic solvents, such as chloroform and methylene chloride, are often used in fabricating PCL scaffolds. 3D Biotek's precision micro-fabrication technology is a solvent-free manufacturing process. Therefore, the 3D Insert™-PCL is free of organic solvent.