Protector® Filtered Glove Boxes provide inlet and outlet HEPA or ULPA filtration and a leak-tight physical barrier to protect the operator from exposure to potentially hazardous materials. These glove boxes feature particulate containment of <20 nanograms per cubic meter and also meet ISO Class 3 standards. Fiberglass models with HEPA filters are 99.99% efficient on 0.3 micron particulates. They feature one-piece molded fiberglass liner, clear acrylic inner and outer transfer chamber doors. Stainless Steel models with ULPA filters are 99.999% efficient on 0.12 micron particulates and are constructed of type 304 stainless steel liner, inner and outer transfer chamber doors and front panel. Double-width stainless steel models are also available.
All models have dry powder epoxy-coated, 18 and 20 gauge steel exterior panels with space-saving inner and outer transfer chamber doors that pivot upward, are counterbalanced and are equipped with quick-latches. Two 8" ID, epoxy-coated aluminum, double-grooved glove ports are mounted 17" apart with neoprene gaskets and size 9 ¾ neoprene gloves that are 0.015" thick and 30" long. The large viewing area is 36"W x 27.6H with 3/8" thick, laminated safety glass for maximum visibility. Additionally, the LCD display provides real time monitoring of volume dilution rates in cubic feet per minute (cFM), air changes/minute (ACM), and main chamber pressure (inches of water).
Other features include:
- 0.05 ppm average tracer gas levels or less detected during perimeter scan testing (surpasses ASHRAE 110 standards) after 5 minute dilution
- Factory leak-tested with a mass spectrometer while pressurized with helium at 1 inch of water gauge with no detectable leaks greater than 1 x 10-6mL/second
- Test port for challenging filter integrity
- True Bag-In/Bag-Out Filter Disposal System for safe filter removal and replacement
- Built-in blower with speed control capable of airflow from 15 CFM to 85 CFM
- Interior right-hand side wall-mounted pass-through plug for on-site installation of an optional accessory
- Switches for light, blower and electrical duplex
- Two 25-watt fluorescent lights that exceed 100 footcandles