FreeZone® Plus 4.5 Liter Cascade Benchtop Freeze Dry Systems have ice holding capacity for light to moderate sample loads and have dual refrigeration systems for samples with low eutectic points including ones containing acetonitrile. The upright stainless steel collector coil removes over 4 liters of water in 24 hours; models with PTFE-coated collector coil and chamber are available for use with processes involving corrosive compounds.
Systems have a compact benchtop design and include a 12-port stainless steel Drying Chamber. A patented moisture sensor protects the vacuum pump by preventing start up when moisture is detected in the collector chamber area and a vacuum break valve protects the system from oil backstreaming. A vacuum pump and sample containers, such as flasks, are the only additional components necessary for a complete system.
- Brushed stainless steel and epoxy-coated steel exterior
- LCD that displays system operating parameters
- Set-up parameters and alarm messages (choice of temperature in °C and °F, choice of vacuum in mBar, Pa and Torr)
- 1/3 hp CFC-free refrigeration system
- Red alarm light
- LED vacuum and temperature wave graphs
- Rear-mounted RS-232 port
- Automatic start-up switch for collector cool-down and vacuum pull-down with manual override switches
- Retractable collector drain line
- Power switch
- Rear-mounted electrical receptacle for vacuum pump connection (pump not included)
- 3/4" OD vacuum connection. 3/4" ID vacuum hose and two clamps
System Dimensions: 22.5"W x 24.2"D x 15.0"H