FreeZone® 18 Liter Freeze Dry Systems are console lyophilizers for laboratory applications with large volumes of material or numerous aqueous sample batches. Systems are capable of removing 10L of water in 24 hours.
All models include:
- Brushed stainless steel and epoxy-coated steel exterior
- LCD that displays system operating parameters, set-up parameters and alarm messages (choice of temperature in °C and °F, choice of vacuum in mBar, Pa and Torr)
- 1 1/2 hp CFC-free refrigeration system
- Red alarm light
- LED vacuum and temperature wave graphs
- Patented moisture sensor
- Vacuum control/break valve
- Rear-mounted RS-232 port
- Automatic start-up switch for collector cool-down and vacuum pull-down with manual override switches
- Hot gas defrost and switch
- Retractable collector drain line
- 3" diameter port for connection of drying accessory
- Power switch
- Rear-mounted electrical receptacle for vacuum pump connection (pump not included)
- 3/4" OD vacuum connection, 3/4" ID vacuum hose and two clamps
Systems with Purge Valve, PTFE-coated collector coil and chamber (for use with processes involving corrosive compounds) and Mini Chamber are available. Mini Chamber (without valves) features a microprocessor-controlled heater from ambient as low as -40°C to +60°C. Chamber is 5.1"W x 13.0"D x 2.5"H for small samples in bulk or in small vials or ampules. For larger samples or higher volumes, a drying chamber or manifold with valves or tray dryer is required.
System Dimensions: 32.2"W x 28.0"D x 36.3"H
NOTE: These freeze dryers are not recommended for use with samples containing acetonitrile. If your samples contain acetonitrile, please see FreeZone® Freeze Dry Systems with cascade refrigeration.