PuriCare® Bedding Disposal Stations protect the operator from airborne particulates generated during bedding disposal. The Stations provide a convenient, mobile system for disposing of used bedding from small animal cages. Only three-feet wide, these enclosures fit easily in cramped spaces. The spacious access opening allows free range of motion and the large receptacle accommodates large rat or hamster cages as well as smaller mouse cages. The large waste container holds 44-gallon standard-size liners for less frequent disposal. A platform on casters locks securely to the waste container for easy transport.
During operation, room air is drawn into the front of the enclosure, preventing aerosols from escaping into the room. Before leaving the enclosure and returning to the room through the top of the enclosure, one hundred percent of the air passes through a prefilter to trap large particles and then through an exhaust HEPA filter, protecting the environment. The top-mounted, disposable activated carbon and alumina exhaust filter removes odors and other gaseous contaminants.
Additional features include:
- Nominal inflow velocity of 50-60 fpm
- Exterior is epoxy-coated, 18 gauge steel
- Type 304 stainless steel interior sides, back, upper panel, rear baffle and work surface with 12" square receptacle
- Non-marking polyurethane casters with toe brakes and stainless steel bearings
- 2-light filter condition indicator
- Front-mounted light and blower switches
- 99.99% efficient HEPA filter
- Disposable exhaust prefilter
- Top-mounted, activated carbon and alumina exhaust filter
- Variable speed blower with solid state control
- 20-watt fluorescent light
- Full three year limited warranty on parts and labor