Labconco has combined its patented fully-featured, containment-enhancing Protector® Hood design with Erlab’s GreenFumeHood® (GFH) Filtration Technology to deliver a multi-use fume hood that requires no ducting. The Protector® Airo Filtered Fume Hood delivers uncompromising safety to confined laboratory spaces.
The Protector Airo goes beyond the typical DH III ductless fume hood. A typical DH III ductless hood uses application-specific carbon filtration, which limits its ability to handle several chemicals at one time or adapt to new lab procedures. Instead, the Protector Airo uses Neutrodine Filters, the most comprehensive, safety-driven carbon filter available. This single molecular filter type can easily adsorb most chemicals and mixtures, taking the guesswork out of filter selection.
The Benefits of GFH Filtration Technology
Safety-driven safety sums up the benefits of GFH Filtration Technology, which allow the Protector Airo Filtered Fume Hood to perform well beyond the SEFA 9-2010 DH III definition (Table 1). The user’s safety is maintained because the Protector Airo has built-in features that constantly monitor and prevent unsafe conditions without relying on user practices or modifications. These safeguards include:
- Controlled access to specified users via radio frequency identification (RFID) cards. Unauthorized personnel are prevented from operating the hood.
- Sensor package that detects primary filter breakthrough of solvent and acid fumes, laboratory air quality, sash position and temperature. Audio/visual alarms alert you to filter breakthrough, fan failure, high sash position and high temperature, which could indicate fire.
- Intelligent filter indication of type and status (primary or secondary). RFID technology scans each filter’s serial number preventing saturated filter re-installation.
- Optional gGuard® communication software that offers real time monitoring by a designated facility manager. From a remote location, data such as usage authorization, filter usage, filter saturation detection, sash position and temperature may be observed and managed.
Features (All Models)
- By-pass airflow design
- Eco-Foil Air Foil with aerodynamic Clean-Sweep airflow openings
- Cord-Keeper slots on left and right side of air foil
- Glacier white powder-coated steel exterior
- Chemical-resistant, fiberglass-reinforced, composite panel liner
- Single piece, tempered safety glass vertical-rising sash with cable and pulled, sash weight and powder-coated aluminum sash handle and tracks with Clean-Sweep airflow openings. Sash stop at 16" sash opening height. Sash opens to 26" high for loading.
- Removable front and side panels, and front and interior service access panels (except side window models) for access to plumbing and electrical wiring
- Pre-wired vapor-proof fluorescent lights providing up to 63 foot candles
- Factory-prepared for up to two electrical duplex receptacles and six service fixtures
- Factory-installed control panel with digital display, fan button and light button
- Roughing prefilter(s)
- Built-in exhaust fan(s) to maintain 60 fpm face velocity at 16" sash opening height
- Sound pressure of <60 dB(A) with sash at operating height and <48 dB(A) with sash closed
- Sensor package for primary filter breakthrough of solvent and acid fumes, laboratory air quality, sash position and temperature
- Audible/visual alarms for breakthrough detection, temperature ≥40° C (104° F), fan failure and high sash position opening. At ≥60° C (140° F), all fans stop.
- Three RFID cards included: User Card, Maintenance Card and Administrator Card (additional cards available upon request)
- Power cord with plug (or may be hard wired to top-mounted boxes)
Fixtured Models May Feature
- Two pre-plumbed service fixtures with forged brass valves, lower right side with brass tubing for gas and lower left side with copper tubing for cold water. Components for converting either or both foxtures to air and vacuum are provided. Inlet tubing is not provided.
- One pre-wired GFCI electrical duplex receptacle on lower right side
Required Accessories (Not Included)
- Neutrodine Filters
- Work surface
- Base cabinet or stand
- HEPA Filter
- gGuard® Communication software
- ADA remote control