Protector® Echo Filtered Floor-Mounted Fume Hoods provide the interior height needed for bulky apparatus. These hoods feature fully-closing, vertical-rising sashes. The Echo uses Neutrodine® Filters, the most comprehensive, safety-driven carbon filter available. This single molecular filter type can easily adsorb most chemicals and mixtures, taking the guesswork out of filter selection. Erlab-proven Neutrodine Filters are the heart of GFH Filtration Technology.
Features (All Models)
- By-pass airflow design
- Glacier white powder-coated steel exterior
- Chemical-resistant, fiberglass-reinforced, composite panel liner and baffle
- Opti-Zone™ Baffles*, removable for cleaning
- Two tempered safety glass vertical-rising sashes with powdercoated aluminum sash handles and powder-coated steel sash tracks with Clean-Sweep™ slots. Upper sash handle also includes Clean-Sweep™ openings.* Sash stop at 52" from the floor.
- 73.5" (187 cm) high sightline from the floor to the header panel
- 63.6" (162 cm) loading height
- Removable front and side panels, and front and interior service access panels for access to plumbing and electrical wiring
- Pre-wired vapor-proof fluorescent lighting providing up to 63 foot candles: 2 lights per 4' model, 3 lights per 5' model, 4 lights per 6' model, and 5 lights per 8' model
- Factory-prepared for up to four electrical duplex receptacles and eight service fixtures
- Factory-installed control panel with digital display, fan button and light button
- Roughing prefilter, 2 each per 4' model, 3 each per 5' model, 4 each per 6' model, and 5 each per 8' model
- Built-in exhaust fans: 2 each per 4' model, 3 each per 5' model, 4 each per 6' model, and 5 each per 8' model to maintain 60 fpm face velocity at 16" sash opening height
- Sound pressure of <60 dB(A) with sash at operating height and <48 dB(A) with sash closed
- Sensor package for primary filter breakthrough of solvent and acid fumes, laboratory air quality, sash position, and temperature
- Audible/visual alarms for breakthrough detection, temperature ≥40° C (104° F), fan failure and high sash position opening. At ≥60° C (140° F), all fans stop.
- Three radio frequency identification (RFID) cards included: 9580901 User Card, 9580900 Administrator Card, and 9580902 Maintenance Card. Additional cards available upon request.
- Power cord with plug. Or, may be hard wired to top-mounted boxes.
- Shipped in multiple sections: top, bottom and sashes
Fixtured Models May Feature
- Two pre-plumbed service fixtures with forged brass valves, lower right side with brass tubing for gas and lower left side with copper tubing for cold water. Components for converting either or both fixtures to air and vacuum are provided. Inlet tubing is not provided.
- One pre-wired GFCI electrical duplex receptacle on lower right side and, on 8' models only, one additional pre-wired GFCI electrical duplex receptacle on the lower left side
Required Accessories (Not Included)
- Neutrodine Filters
- Optional Accessories
- HEPA Filter
- gGuard® Communication software
- ADA Remote Control
- Sash Opening Reduction Wing Kits
All models conform or are certified to the following regulations and standards
- SEFA 9, DHIII
- SEFA 8, Cabinet Surface Finish Tests
- ASHRAE 110
- ANSI Z9.5
- AFNOR NF X 15-211
- ASTM E84-09C
- UL 61010-1
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 61010.1